Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Focusing on the Goal

Booking our WDW trip more than 11 months in advance means we have a LONG time to wait... in fact, I think the last time we booked anything further in advance, it was our wedding, and that time dragged by at a snail's pace.

Like a wedding, there is a lot of research and planning involved in our WDW trip. Unlike a wedding... I don't have to worry about anyone other than me and my lovely husband. This trip is about us (no children, no family, no friends... just us!)

Hour Glass
Photo Credit: Omer Unlu

I have several ways of counting down to our trip.
*My lovely ticker, at the top of the blog, which gives me a nice "Months/Weeks/Days" figure to work with (9 months, 1 week and 6 days today).
*A countdown widget on my phone, which gives me a number of days (286 as I type).
*A countdown calendar on my office wall- I cross this off each day for the previous day, which means on Mondays, at least I can cross off three dates (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Some days, the best thing I can say is "well, I'm a day closer to Disney World!" and I keep focusing on the goal!

Interestingly, using this method, somehow the time seems to be whizzing by at the moment. It's already 2 months since we booked (where did that time go?). We've completed one half term at school (5 more to go). It's only a few weeks until Christmas, then it'll be a few weeks until our trip to Iceland, then a few weeks until Easter, then a few weeks until half term, then a few weeks until Disney World... It reminds me of that old chestnut: How do you eat an elephant? A bite at a time!

In the mean time, as I try and get everything sorted for the half term ahead (Advent is a CRAZY time) and continue to read, and research and chat with my fellow Disney fans... we're getting closer- one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment